31 October 2006

Viennalle

Just a few days ago, it was still warm enough to scuttle about Vienna by motorcycle. Here's me in my traditional Austrian suit, on my way out the door to some stand-up comedy:



That week I also had visitors from America, namely my grandparents, aunt, and uncle. They caught the very last of the good weather, with mild temperatures and sunny days (apart from one rainy one in Eisenstadt). I had a wonderful time showing them around my adopted habitat, surprising myself with the amount of knowledge I have inactively absorbed about the capital over the past months. We took the tram around the ring and then walked up Kärtner Strasse to the cathedral. Lovely.

Since then I've been dividing my time between Vienna and Eisenstadt, fulfilling my tutoring appointments and enjoying my holiday from the public education system. I have made arrangements to visit the University of Vienna on Friday to pick up an application and inform myself about the available masters programmes. My American friend Sarah is already studying there and she invited me to attend a class with her. I'm very excited about the prospect, so keep an eye out for a blog reportage on this subject. I'll try to remember to bring my camera.

5 comments:

Anna K. said...

uh oh. you are making me nervous.

Anonymous said...

you look soo cute in your riding gear! Becarefull Arthur, and do try to remember your camera, i love pictures. Love Jacinda

Anonymous said...

hm. I had my first dream in German last night. Very strange feeling to wake up to.

Kel

Anonymous said...

Glad you made a better tour guide for our grandfolk. Funny getup! Knock 'em dead!

your Bro

Anonymous said...

sooo any news about the university? I'm curious about Austria's higher education system. Are graduate students of all ages as they are here, or do students typically just keep going, how does education get funded, can you change your major...do you still want to go ? how long will it take and what would you get?