24 September 2005

Wien ist Wunderbar!!

Hey gang...

Still hanging out in Vienna. I stayed at a nice little hotel for 2 nights, which was great because it had a bathroom and very comfortable beds. It was very reasonably priced (56 euro a night for a double room, which I split with this guy Noah I met). But, we moved into a youth hostel today (cheaper- 16 euro/night per person). I met up with my friend Ludwig. For those of you who don't know him, he's half Austrian, grew up in the US (but spent every summer here in Vienna), and went to OU for three years. He just transferred to a university in Vienna. He came in and found me at the hotel yesterday, and he was a total spaz! Apparently the woman at the front desk wouldn't let him come up to the room. He found me the next day eating breakfast there, and he said very loudly "That woman is a total NAZI!!" I couldn't believe it!! I had to yell at him for it, and he said "I'm Austrian, I'm allowed to say it". Very funny. He lives with his Grandma now, whom i spoke with on the telephone, and she was very very nice. She told me that I spoke perfect German and asked all about what I was doing. Overall, the viennese are exceptionally nice and always willing to help. This youth hostel is really nice, run by australians, the rooms have 4 people to them and are exceptionally clean with their own bathrooms. We've got two aussie girls for roomates, and i'll be staying here sunday night too. But, then its off to Hollabrun for the orientation seminar. Today I went to the Naschmarkt, which is a huge open-air market with food and a flea market. I did have to do a little shopping, since the shoulder strap of my black back fell off. I found a very nice replacement for 20 euro. OH, and I got my luggage back yesterday. Thank god.
I have been taking a few pictures, and I can't wait to get to Eisenstadt to hook up the laptop and upload them. Until then, you're all going to have to hold your breath :)


Until next time...
Liebe Gruesse

Art

No comments: