02 May 2006

aufregung

Sorry about the melodramatic message. Just felt a bit freaked out and needed to vent. It happens from time to time.

Had a smashing weekend- went to a fab party in Vienna. My friend Jeanette finished her internship at the American Embassy and had a going away shindig. There were only about 8 of us there, but the crowd meshed really well and we all had fun keeping J awake until her 7 o'clock flight. Present were a Brit and a girl from Ireland. Ludwig and I got on the topic of British English (I'm an expert :-) and asked him if he had ever heard of "choccy bickies." Of course he hadn't, so I shouted across the room "Nea love!!! What are choccy bickies??" Her reply: "Oh, sorry, we 'aven't got any!!"
Needless, to say, the room erupted in laughter.
After everyone calmed down (this took some time) I repeated the question.
"They're chocolate biscuits!!! It's not really that hard is it??"
"Well, we would call them cookies..."

No comments: