07 November 2005

Stayin' Alive

Today was a pretty good day, all things considered. My activities in the 4th level class went over well, although the class is difficult to control. Being the younger ones, they always want to test their limits. Afterwards I talked to Frau Professor Soleder about it, and said that I have a hard time being strict because it simply isn't part of my personality. She urged me to channel the darker side of my personality. I think I can do that :) The next lesson was lots of fun, because the 7th level class is very intelligent and engaged. They had asked me at the beginning of the year what my favorite band was, and if I could share some music with them sometime. I devoted my entire lesson to two Cake songs: "Dime" and "Palm of your Hand". They really loved it and we got plenty of discussion out of it. I was planning to have them write a little mini music review at the end, but they talked about it so much that I actually ran out of time! That was wonderful.... normally I feel like I'm grasping for things to do at the end. Still feeling the need to stay active, I decided to go ice-skating after class. They have a nice setup at the Sportzentrum, with two outdoor rinks. The rental skates were a bit expensive, and they were also too narrow and the arch too high. Ouch!! I had lots of fun there, but some blisters to show for it. I think I've decided what I want for Christmas: Mom and Dad, send me my skates!! They're in a box in the basement. That's all I want. Seriously. Well, that and maybe some crunchy Jif.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Skates injure me.. I have been scared for a while now. Eisenstast has everything. AHHHH hoolly shit its storming really lous here!!!!

Anonymous said...

SKATES: THE BAUER HOCKEY ONES? AND JIFF IT IS
LOVE MOM