23 November 2005

Taxi Pfluger Saves the Day

What a day! I woke up late (whoops), and rushed through my morning shower and promptly called a taxi. There are several taxi companies in town. The most popular is "Hallo Taxi", since they advertise a lot, but they really suck. There have been a few times that we've called them to go out in the evening and have to wait for 30 or 40 minutes before they come. So, in my state of hurry, I called Taxi Pfluger. The guy showed up just as I was coming out the door, and he took one look at me and said "Did you oversleep?" Thankfully, he was the coolest taxi driver EVER. I said "Umm, if you take a right here, and drop me off at the pedestrian zone through the public gardens... it's much faster". He was like "OK! Give my your taxi card!" So, he stuck the card into the reader while driving zealously through the back roads and passing semi-trucks and tractors at what most definitely was an illegal speed. I must say, it was my best commute ever! I rushed in the door, and was in class 2 seconds behind the teacher, so it worked out perfectly. If you ever come to Eisenstadt, Taxi Pfluger is highly recommendable.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I also had lots of problems with the other taxi drivers, because they were always late. I hate it! Can't they tell me on the phone that they are coming in "blablabla" minutes? Aaaaarrrrggghhh!

Something another: I just recognised the new photo-gallery at your weblog! It's so funny!

Anonymous said...

art over sleep? no back to your old ways again? just kidding. It is snowing in athens!! Yeah Jacinda

Anonymous said...

742 is the number of the pfluger taxi.
Unfortunately Pfluger isn´t always on time, but it´s always a lot of fun to drive with them - especially whether the big boss is the driver.