13 October 2005

Almost Late

Drank too much last night, showed up at school five minutes before my class after practically running through the city. Looks like I'm getting back to my old ways again! Must be careful. The Direktor apparently trusts me enough to teach alone, because that's what he had me do. It was actually kind of fun because the students open up a little bit more when their regular teacher isn't sitting in the back of the classroom with them. I used a very nice little piece called "Party Cries in Ireland" by Mark Twain. The drug lesson went over OK as well, and we even sparked up a good debate about drug testing in schools. Some were against, and some for, so it was very lively and productive.
I have been in contact with my dear french friend Alice, and I hope to be able to go visit her in Dijon this winter. She works and lives in London, but will be coming home for Christmas. I met her at Ohio University when she was a graduate student, and we were housemates for awhile. I met her parents when they came to Ohio for her graduation. She writes "I think my Dad still remembers crossing your path in the middle of the night on the way to the toilette in the nude, like you do, on 123 North Lancaster Street..." Tee hee!! Her poor father... he doesn't even speak any English. Her mother is also very nice, and ironed my pants for me! Can't wait to see them again!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Art, Sorry we missed Your call. We have so enjoyed reading about all your "adventures"!!! It sounds like you're having a great time & meeting some interesting people. Keep up the interesting entries & we'll try to respond more often even though there's not much going on here. Love, G&G

Zach G said...

David Whitby... you're posting on this blog, which is totally cool, but not mine!? I realize Art is on the same continent as you and you have needs, but come on, we've been pals for quite some time! :)