31 October 2005

I love Catholic Holidays

Well, I have a week of vacation.. yes that's right, a whole week, for All Saint's! I know I should probably get some serious travelling in, but I've opted to be a little more boring and make trips to the cinema and swimming pool instead. I do plan to spend at least a day in Vienna though. Sorry I haven't been writing as much as earlier, but the newness is starting to wear off as I settle in more and more here, so therefore the motivation to write is a little less. However, I'll try my best to keep up. Last week I had a wonderful dinner with Sandra and her boyfriend Björn. It was a sort of interesting thing called "reclatte", which involves something similar to a hot-plate with little mini-frying pans that go underneath the heat. One takes little pieces of bacon and wurst and cheese and cooks little bite sized thingies one at a time. I told them I had never seen such a thing, and Björn commented that it was probably too slow for the Americans. He's probably right. I of course wanted to return their hospitality and invited them to have stir-fry with me tonight, which we did, and it was good. They also read the blog, and we had a very funny talk about the toilet thing. To Grandpa- They all thought your advice was brilliant :).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Arthur, just wanted to say hello and I am so enjoying reading of your adventures! Your toilet entry was so........descriptive... ha ha! We miss you here at RVC. Take care, Brenda

Anonymous said...

Art, Anonymous callahan here. Great card; keep them coming. Just back here from rowing out on the Outer Banks during hurricane Wilma, thrills and spills. Now I'm recovering from torn ligaments and herniated discs. Growing old ain't for sissies. Work is pretty slow; finally getting some rain, Autumn is beautiful as ever. Hofentlich geht Alles gut mit Ihnen!

Unknown said...

Hey!
i just started reading your blog. Hope you dont'lose that motivation to keep writing!!

Ale