28 October 2005

An Ode to my Toilet


My toilet is a special thing... it is always ready to take care of my evacuatory needs. One thing that is commendable about European toilets is their water saving features. Note the two buttons placed on the wall above. The small button uses a minimal amount of water, and the larger button provides a little more force. Are these for #1 and #2? I daresay yes, but it isn't precisely clear. Of course, some toilets veer into the extreme of water-saving technology with something I call the "poop-deck". These types have a flat, dry, surface... which can be rather unpleasant before flushing and require a good brushing after each defecation. Luckily, mine is not of this sort... and is constructed of a traditional bowl that contains just enough water to cover the poo, praise the lord. I remain, as ever, eternally grateful to modern plumbing.

4 comments:

Zach G said...

Pee yooo sick-a-rino! Thanks for that intimate session with your defecation... I can rest easily now :)

Art's Blog said...

Please, don't mind Zach... he's just jealous of modern plumbing. You see, they don't have that in MALAYSIA. Do send me some tin and rubber, Zach. I'll send you some toilet paper in return.

Anonymous said...

he's not the only jealous one.

Art's Blog said...

Now Andy.... you have modern plumbing you silly goose!