12 October 2005

My lesson was taken over by the police!

Interesting thing that happened today- I went to teach one of my lessons, but I couldn't. There was a policeman there with a laptop, and he was giving a presentation to the class about drugs. The teacher had not been told that this was happening, so I had to go in and sit down and listen to the Austrian policeman talk about how "drogen sind schlecht, mkay". He took the entire hour. So, I only got to introduce myself very briefly, and I said "I'll be back". This cause an uproarious laughter, which really confused me. Later, the teacher explained that the kids though this was so funny thanks to that movie with Arnold Schwarzenegger. Then it all made sense! At least they understood me, I guess.
There was a little shindig here in the dorm last night, and I had a lot of fun and made some new friends. There is a girl named Sandra that I have hit it off with very well. She and her boyfriend are driving to Hungary this weekend to go shopping (cheaper stuff there!), and they invited me to go along. Hooray! It will be much less daunting for me to venture into eastern Europe when accompanied by friends. And I won't even have to buy a train ticket!
That's really all I can think of to write at the moment... but I am proud of myself since I have been writing something almost every day. Now, all of you readers need to post some more comments or send some more emails so I know that I actually have an audience :)
-Art

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm reading! I'm a friend of Zach's from his travels around Europe - I'm from the UK. Sounds like you are having quite the 'Abenteuer' in Austria. I've only ever been to Innsbruck myself but it was beautiful. Keep up the entries and have fun in Hungary!

Anonymous said...

We may be a silent majority, but we check up every day; and we can't wait for more.

We're proud of you too!

Ferd

Anonymous said...

Hey I've been too busy to check every day,but I just read about your loaf of bread and I had to LOL. Thanks fof writing such fun stuff. I'm really glad you are having such good expierences. I knew when you left that I wouldn't have to worry about you too much, you are so resourceful and easy to like. Can't help but be proud!
I miss you...MOM